This posting has expired and is no longer available.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Matheson Inc. is looking for experienced Class A Team Drivers who are self-motivated and career-minded in Kansas City, MO.
Matheson is a diversified national transportation carrier proudly serving the United States Postal Services since 1964. As a business partner of the United States Postal Service, Matheson is committed to the belief that “service must be reliable, convenient, and must improve continuously.” We take pride in the fact that our service is consistently at or above the 99% performance level.
Run Details: Schedule subject to change
- Average hours per week: 70-75 per driver
- Mon – OFF
- Tues - Departs Kansas City, KS at 0415 arrives to Salt Lake City, UT at 0330 on Wed
- Wed – Departs Salt Lake City, UT at 0445 arrives in Kansas City, KS at 0415 on Thurs.
- Thurs - Departs Kansas City, KS at 0530 arrives to Salt Lake City, UT at 0330 on Fri
- Fri - Departs Salt Lake City, UT at 0445 arrives in Kansas City, KS at 0415 on Sat
- Sat - Departs Kansas City, KS at 0415 arrives to Salt Lake City, UT at 0330 on Sun
- Sun – Departs Salt Lake City, UT at 0445 arrives in Kansas City, KS at 0415 on Mon
- Check the vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions following signals from loading crew while checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Electronically maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport using ropes, blocks, chains, binders or covers.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, CB radios and telephones to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Load and unload trucks, help others with loading and unloading, operate any special loading-related equipment on vehicles and use other equipment as necessary.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs or tire chains.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions using computer equipment, global positioning systems (GPS), or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption and carbon emissions.
- CDL Driver's License
- 1 year recent Class A driving experience in winter conditions
- Chaining experience required
- Clean MVR
- Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Compensation: $20.98 Per Hour, Plus Benefits-Paid Weekly (Hourly rate is determined by the USPS Wage Determination)
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kansas City Postal