We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Matheson Inc. is looking for experienced (Slip Seat) Class A Driver who is self-motivated and career-minded in Denver, CO.
Matheson is a diversified national transportation carrier proudly serving the United States Postal Services since 1964. As a business partner of the United States Postal Service, Matheson is committed to the belief that “service must be reliable, convenient, and must improve continuously.” We take pride in the fact that our service is consistently at or above the 99% performance level.
Approximately 40 hours a week
- Sunday: OFF
- Monday: 14:00 start Denver to Oak Grove with a 12 hour layover
- Tuesday: Oak Grove back to Denver
- Wednesday: OFF
- Thursday: OFF
- Friday: Denver to Richfield - 03:18 start - pick up two loads at postal office locations - deliver in Grand Junction pick up more then drive to hotel in Richfield for 22 hour layover
- Saturday: Richfield to Denver - Approx 10am start - drive to Grand Junctionand pick up and then to Denver to Deliver
- Check the vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions in a safe manner.
- Electronically maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to any equipment immediately.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, and telephones to exchange necessary information with our 24/7 control center.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid, etc.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure there is no damage.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Load and unload trucks, help others with loading and unloading, operate any special loading related equipment on vehicles and use other equipment safely as necessary.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as installing head lamps and/or tire chains etc.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions using our Onboard GPS systems or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption.
- CDL Driver's License
- 1 year recent Class A driving experience in winter conditions
- Clean MVR
- Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Compensation: $20.54 Per Hour, Plus Benefits-Paid Weekly (Hourly rate is determined by the USPS Wage Determination)
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.