This posting has expired and is no longer available.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Matheson Inc. is looking for experienced Part Time Class A Drivers who are self-motivated and career-minded
Class A Drivers who are self-motivated and career-minded are invited to come grow with us! Must be willing/able to operate in a 24/7 365 environment.
Class A Drivers play a vital role in ensuring the company’s continued success. This position requires a person to be dependable, focused on safety and requires a person be flexible and cooperative.
- Check the vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions in a safe manner.
- Electronically maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to any equipment immediately.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, and telephones to exchange necessary information with our 24/7 control center.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid, etc.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure there is no damage.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Load and unload trucks, help others with loading and unloading, operate any special loading related equipment on vehicles and use other equipment safely as necessary.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as installing head lamps and/or tire chains etc.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions using our Onboard GPS systems or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption.
- CDL Driver’s License
- 1 year recent Class A driving experience
- Clean MVR
- Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Average hours per week: 25-30
- Possible days on: Monday-Saturday
- Days off: Sunday
- Shift: 3:30AM-8:30AM or 2:30PM-8:30PM
- Local Runs: Home everyday
Compensation: $20.77 per Hour + Health & Welfare goes toward Benefits (Hourly rate is determined by the USPS Wage Determination)
Please note: Matheson Inc. Recruiting Department will communicate with you by email concerning your application, it is very important that you are able to receive our messages. Please add the following email addresses to your allowed incoming email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com so that we can communicate with you.
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer